1. Paint a piece of furniture Kool-Aid purple.
2. Collect seashells to embellish a fireplace surround.
3. Hang a wind chime inside the house where it can catch a breeze.
4. Set up an outdoor room — anywhere, any way you can.
5. Dress your bed in all white for the summer. It’s like floating on a cloud.
6. Paint your home office leafy green, to create the feeling of a tree house.
7. Don’t just clean up a room — put away all the stuff that’s accumulated on every flat surface.
8. Sometimes the simplest window treatments are the best.
10. Cut flowers and greenery from the yard for each room in your house.
11. Paint your bedroom closet a favorite color.
12. Plant a little garden — even just a few flowers — by every doorway that leads into the house.
13. Vintage garden accessories look even cooler when used to decorated inside.
14. If you don’t like an architectural detail — a brick fireplace, wood ceiling beams — paint it chalky white.
15. Mirrors add and spread light wherever they’re used.